I just got in my pool after about it being opened for 2 mos (the kids were in it a lot) and when I got in i felt this roughness all over the walls. I had recently switched my chemicals from Pool Life Turbo Shock to In the Swim's Super Pool shock and I switched my tabs from my local pool store's tabs to the in the swim 3" tabs. I had been brushing it, not religiously, but I had been.
When I explained this to pool store, they said that it was a calcium build up and most likely it would have to be acid washed. A tune of 6-$700.00.
Pool is gunite w/ a plaster finish
Total Chlorine: 1.0
Free Chlorine: 1.0
Total Alkalinity: 45 (this was low, it was suppsoed to be a min of 80 and a max of 120...add 10 lbs of alk up)
Calcium Hardness: 185 (low, supposed to be min 200, max 450, add 3 lbs 11 oz of hard up)
Langelier Index 0.73
With this being said, is there anyway to reverse this effect or will i have to acid wash? I remember when I was small, my grandparents used HTH and i remember that this caused blood blisters but I dont remember what the final outcome was.
Any help/ suggestions would be gladly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!