I know you'll want all kinds of information that I don't even know in order to help me, but here's what happened. I just bought a house that has a pool. The equipment is all new, as it was stolen, and I don't even know anything about it size wise or what have you. I know the filter is a cartridge, it's an in ground pool, and we went to Leslie's, where they estimated that we have a 28,000 gallon pool, and sent us home with shock, a water conditioner (the pool was just filled), chlorine tablets, a vacuum, brush, and net. I conditioned the water, added the shock (2lbs.), and put two chlorine tablets in the floating basket thingy.
It just rained, a heavy, crazy storm, and the pool is overflowing. What's worse, the lawn flooded and soil poured into the pool. It was so sparkly and blue and now it's a mud puddle. Should I just run the filter or vacuum until it's clean? Should I shock it again? Won't all that dirt clog up the filter? I'm not sure what to do, we are still in the process of moving, and I just found this forum the other day, and haven't been able to read or retain very much yet. I appreciate your advice!