Fuse Blown in Hayward Pro-Logic P4, what does it "protect"?

Aug 29, 2010
Southern NH
We had a lightning strike a few weeks ago. The electrician that hooked up our pool equipment came out and replaced some breakers on the pool equipment, but said that the lights weren't working (they said they checked the electrical for the lights, and they were good).

I also noticed my Actuator Valve thingy that opens the valve for our power fall was not working. I ordered a new one when I found out my pool company wanted to charge me 2x the price of them for the part alone. I am having my pool company come out and replace the lights (because I was worried about doing it correctly, later I found out how easy it is, but it is too late now).

Anyway, I went in to replace the actuator and noticed that there was a fuse blown. It is a 4 amp fuse (I can't find one at home to replace). I am probably going to go out and buy one, since it will probably save me some bucks before the pool people come, but does anyone know what the fuse "protects"? I am guessing it is why the actuator isn't working, but could it also be why the lights (Color Logic 4 LED lights) don't work? I get that 4amps is probably too little for the lights, but maybe for some control line that turns them on and off?

Thanks.

Re: Fuse Blown in Hayward Pro-Logic P4, what does it "protec

Replacing the fuse blew it right away. Our pool company just replaced the board (I say just, as if they did it free, but our insurance company is paying, so I can deal). Originally I was going to try and repair myself to save myself (and the insurance company money), but I had no luck with the fuse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.