Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reboot Easytouch System??????

1. Back To Top    #1

Reboot Easytouch System??????

My easy touch is showing No Communication. I remember the last time the pentair guy was out here he stated to reboot if this happens. I looked at my motherboard but man, there's alot of buttons and I don't know which one to push. I have a call through to PB but typically it takes a lot of time for them to get with me. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks!
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Andiejj,

Pentair Technical Support

Sanford, North Carolina (8 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
    Phone: (800) 831-7133
    Fax: (919) 566-8920

Moorpark, California (8 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
    Phone: (800) 831-7133 (Ext. 6312)
    Fax: (805) 553-5515

The following shows the reset procedure from page 42 of the EasyTouch® 8 and 4 Pool and Spa Control System. http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/EasyTouchSystemUG.pdf

Diagnostics Menu: Reset System

Reinitialize the Outdoor Control Panel. Resetting the Outdoor Control Panel will not effect the system configuration settings.

Getting There: Menu..Diagnostics..Reset System

Right button: Press the Right button to reset system. The main screen will be displayed and communication will be established with the optional EasyTouch Indoor Control Panel if installed.
    I tried to copy the appropriate page from the manual, and I did an OK job, but the actual page 42 from the manual is much easier to understand.

I hope this helps.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

3. Back To Top    #3

andiejj - did you ever get your Easy Touch system communicating again?

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

4. Back To Top    #4

I thought I posted back to this thread .....hmmm wonder what I did repost to? .

YES!!!! My pb tried to walk me through several things and none worked. Then your post popped out like a angel and I followed the directions and reestablished connection. I called my Pb back (he was going to submit a work order which would have taken a week) and asked me what I had done. haha! Thanks so much and I am sorry about not posting back, really thought I had. Thanks so much!!!!
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

5. Back To Top    #5

andiejj,

I'm glad to hear that you got your Easy Touch system back communicating again.

Just curious, how often does the Easy Touch lose communication and need to be rebooted?

Titanium

6. Back To Top    #6

I've had my pool for about 4 months now and have had to do the reset procedure only once. A couple of weeks ago however I lost communications and nothing I could do would fix it. I tried resetting and even re-learning the wireless address but no-go. The wireless controller and base unit each looked like they were working normally but just wouldn't talk to each other. Called the PB and they ended up replacing the circuit board in the antenna. Works fine now.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: Reboot Easytouch System??????

Quote Originally Posted by Andiejj View Post
    My easy touch is showing No Communication. I remember the last time the pentair guy was out here he stated to reboot if this happens. I looked at my motherboard but man, there's alot of buttons and I don't know which one to push. I have a call through to PB but typically it takes a lot of time for them to get with me. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks!
    Sometimes its a simple Power Cycling that's needed. Fancy term for going to the outdoor pool panel, flipping all the breakers to off, counting to 10, then turning them back on again. It's worth a try. Fixed my No Comm problem twice so far. Good luck!