Key won't unlock return fitting

Durf

Jul 6, 2011
I have a small fountain like this http://www.poolsupplies.com/cgi-bin/com ... add=action

hooked on to my return. I can take it on and off with no problem but the fitting in the pool wall will not come out even with the key. I think taking that fountain on and off I have over tightened the wall fitting, and now I can't get it out. I'm not a weak guy but I am at a loss, does anyone have any ideas how to loosen it? Also it has been a while but that is the standard lefty loosy, righty tighty type fitting correct? I'm sure it is but at this point I'm trying to think of everything. I have tried everything I can think of even vice grips and the thing just doesnt want to budge, I'm afraid I am going to ruin it.

One more thing, does anyone know where i can get a valve like the one below? I guess I can get a different style valve but I kind of like the turn handle style.

Anyway I just found this forum and it looks like a pretty good place to share ideas so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pool valve2.jpg
    pool valve2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 58
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.