Smart Pool Nitro SmartKleen Universal Review

I purchased the SmartKleen NC22 after opening my pool last spring. Had no issues with it last season until about two weeks ago. After it had completed its cleaning cycle, I wanted it to run another 30 minutes, I turned off the power switch and back on. The cleaner didn't move but the power light was on. I tried a couple times to power cycle it and disconnect and reconnect the cable, but nothing. I let it sit a couple hours, turned it on and away it went. Last week I put it back in the pool, turned it on, light came on, but no movement. From the reviews, it looks like this unit isn't really dependable past one season. I recently bought a Dolphin Supreme M5...going to try it out tonight. Good luck with your unit.

Rant/Vent!!!!!! Robie got a replacement drive motor, he went into the pool, did a cycle, didn't do as good as he normally does, ran another cycle over night. Still not up to par. Noticed the impeller wasn't turning, but he was moving.
Pulled him out, turn him over to remove the catch basket/filter, noticed rusty looking water dripping out. CRUD! Not what I said but this is a family oriented site.
Looks like they didn't seat/or forgot a plug where the had to attach the drive connector, the main electrical housing was full of water and the pump motor was shot!

Brought it back to PAP. Hopefully they'll make it right.

Not a happy camper :(

They've fixed it. All is well, repaired. For a cheap cleaner this will work, when it runs it runs well. When I need another one I'll seriously consider the dolphin line. For an inexpensive robotic clearer it runs well. Use a credit card that doubles the warranty.

I know that this is an old thread, but I found while doing a search. The SmartPool NC22 is available on Amazon for $305. And I noticed it came with a pro-rated 4 year warranty! I figure even if it lasts a year or two it's still SO MUCH cheaper than the other models I have looked at. The Amazon reviews are overall quite good actually.

Thoughts?

I know that this is an old thread, but I found while doing a search. The SmartPool NC22 is available on Amazon for $305. And I noticed it came with a pro-rated 4 year warranty! I figure even if it lasts a year or two it's still SO MUCH cheaper than the other models I have looked at. The Amazon reviews are overall quite good actually.

Thoughts?

For old threads like this, it's probably better to cut & paste the URL and use the web-link button to insert it in a fresh post....at least, that's my opinion and how I would do it.

As for Internet sales - I think bobodaclown is spot on. Also, it's a "pro-rated" warranty so that means if failure occurs in the 4th year and it can't be repaired, you'll get only a fraction of the money you spent on it back. Also, you'll want to get specifics on that warranty and see what they cover and what kind of documentation is required. I've seen it posted on TFP many times that the even BIG pool equipment manufacturers will sometimes ask for proof-of-history that you kept the water balanced and they won't accept anything but pool store water testing. So be careful, as always, with the fine print.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.