3 Day Replaster

AquaDoctorLLC

In The Industry
So a client of mine asked about the grey spots and yellow spots in the bottom of her pool. I told her it was time to replaster it. She said the condo was rented Memorial Day week, then a week off and then rented the rest of the year, so we'd have to do it next spring. The spots on the bottom really stressed her out so, Monday after Memorial Day, I went to work. This might not seem like a big deal to some people but keep in mind, I'm the only person in my company. So this was a ME, MYSELF & I job.

Start
DSC_1227.jpg

Grout removed and tile undercut, all before the water was drained from pool.
DSC_1232.jpg

DSC_1233.jpg

DSC_1234.jpg

Drained and ready for chipping.
DSC_1237.jpg

Shotty work to say the LEAST. Come on, plaster thinner then a piece of cardboard.
DSC_1238.jpg

Day 1 Complete.
DSC_1239.jpg

Day 2 After the sun baked the crappy plaster job, more & more of the walls were just flaking off.
DSC_1244.jpg

DSC_1245.jpg

DSC_1246.jpg

End of Day 2, I finished after dark so this is the AM of the plaster.
DSC_1249.jpg

DSC_1250.jpg

DSC_1251.jpg

72 hours after start:
DSC_1254.jpg

DSC_1255.jpg

DSC_1256.jpg

TY, I burnt the midnight oil a few days. My client was beside herself in amazement. Little did I know her daughter and grandchildren were the 1st to use the pool after it was replastered. The entire week I came back daily to check pH all I heard was compliments and "thank goodness, now the kids don't come out of the pool with bloody feet."

Nice job, then that doesn't look like such a big pool either. Wow, that was thin plaster. I looked at my pool when they demo'd the old plaster, I could tell the plaster was going to have to be pretty thick. In some area's it seemed they would need 3" of plaster to fill which was around the returns.

I was surprised how fast the project went, had they all been scheduled inline, it would have only taken 4 days at most, the longest step was going all the tile work which took them 2 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marauder said:
Nice job, then that doesn't look like such a big pool either. Wow, that was thin plaster.

Yes it's only a 12x24. Plaster was super thin. The PB built 5 on one block, all the exact same. I take care of 2 of the 5. One has already been replastered last year, I did this one, the one south of this is scheduled to be redone next spring and the one north of this one, well I'm trying to talk him in to it.

Just as a comparison, This one used 3 chlorine tablets last week. And had 5.0/7.5 when I checked it Saturday. The one north of this, used 6 tablets & required 2# shock. Tested at same time & it was 1.0/7.5. Both same pools, correctly balanced, but what a difference a smooth finish makes.

Hi! I'm a little late to reply but I just got onto this forum. I saw you were in SC and wondered if you would you ever consider driving to Charleston to replaster? Just curious. If not, can you recommend any reputable Charleston replaster folks? Thanks!-MW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.