Intex vacuum + sand filter = black cloud?

May 31, 2011
OK, dumb question...after using the Intex vacuum with hose attached to the sand filter, the pool is very clean. Then when I turn the filter back on a big cloud of dark dust/dirt/whatever is pushed back into the pool.

I know I'm missing something here...do I need to backwash the filter?

oh, so much to learn about pools, thanks for being patient with me :)

Well, that didn't work unfortunately. Huge black cloud of dirt? sand? something gross right back into the water after vacuuming, backwash, rinse. On hold with Intex.

Ok so Intex suggested instead of backwash/rinse, hooking up a tube to waste pump on the back of the sand filter after vacuuming to get rid of the sediment.

Has anyone done this??

I'm confused, I thought that is how you backwash the filter, you hook a hose up to the waste outlet and turn the filter to backwash and turn it on? Am I wrong? I worry because when i BACKWASH like this the watger just gushes from my pool and also to rinse. Am I doing something wrong? should I have a valve closed or something off? :?:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.