Heat Snorkel?

If your circulation is setup correctly to begin with there is no heating advantage to a device like that. Most of the pictures show it in fountain mode, which will actually cool the pool, rather than help heat it.

I don't see how that can heat the pool at all, my pump turns the water over, not the $50 pipe. When spraying in the air it will cool the water as Jason had said. I've made several fountains from off the shelf PVC for cooling my pool. Maybe they ran me a few bucks each.

Circulating the heated water lower than where the return jet is won't make any difference?

I understand the concept of cooling and aeration aspect of using it as a fountain.

Does anyone have a DIY listing the exact parts (and technique) used to make a fountain? I'm assuming I could easily find the threaded piece to attach to the return jet at the pool store and use PVC products from Menards to finish it.

Making a fountain is very simple. You basically need a 1.5" male threaded to slip adapter, some pipe, a few fittings, and an end cap or two. Angle the pipe so it comes above the surface, drill some holes in it to create water jets, and you are done. There are several pictures in the threads linked to in the How To Lower Total Alkalinity article.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.