Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heat Snorkel?

1. Back To Top    #1

Heat Snorkel?

Ok, was at my local pool supply store and happened to see this:

http://www.heatsnorkel.com/the_heat_snorkel_pro_v.htm

Anyone have any experience with it? By chance would it work? Price seems high for a just pvc, but if the theory works I figure can probably make it myself for considerably less. Thoughts? Worth the effort?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heat Snorkel?

If you just wanna aerate the pool .........you can find one of those goofy looking flower head sprayers ( like I have) for about 25 bucks.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

If your circulation is setup correctly to begin with there is no heating advantage to a device like that. Most of the pictures show it in fountain mode, which will actually cool the pool, rather than help heat it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't see how that can heat the pool at all, my pump turns the water over, not the $50 pipe. When spraying in the air it will cool the water as Jason had said. I've made several fountains from off the shelf PVC for cooling my pool. Maybe they ran me a few bucks each.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Circulating the heated water lower than where the return jet is won't make any difference?

I understand the concept of cooling and aeration aspect of using it as a fountain.

Does anyone have a DIY listing the exact parts (and technique) used to make a fountain? I'm assuming I could easily find the threaded piece to attach to the return jet at the pool store and use PVC products from Menards to finish it.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]