Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water features and light

1. Back To Top    #1

Water features and light

has anyone added some diy water features to their agp? please post some pics and instructions.

also, want to buy one of those floating rechargable lights? is this the best way to go and if so, what brand is best.

thanks rob

2. Back To Top    #2

Northern Maryland (near Delaware)

Re: Water features and light

I had a floating rechargeable light/fountain. I took it back, the issue was with the filter on it tended to go towards the sides and spray water out of the pool. The 'light' show well it left a lot to be desired and the fountain only went up maybe 6". I forget the brand but it was more hassle than it is worth. I have a aqualuminator with a fountain, and that is ok at night. But there is 1 issue, I cannot put the colored lenses on with the fountain. But I kinda like the white. I hear they have a LED multi color version, I have 2 bulbs if one fries again(got 2 replacements from Pentair) I will try to retrofit it with the led. I saw instructions on this forum I beleive. Only other issue is I have not figured how to Pvc the aqualuminator, I don't want to mess the housing up.

Good luck
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.