Had pool plastered 4-6 weeks ago. Diamond brite (3 parts Onyx, 3 parts Midnight Blue, 3 parts French Gray). I'm not happy with the end result from the plaster company. We still owe a large sum of money to the pool builder. Need help determining:
1. Is plaster job reasonable from a quality stand point? Only pool we've built. Don't have a frame of reference. I understand that there is always some mottling with darker plasters. However, I think our problems go beyond "mottling". Had one other pool builder at house. He said our plaster job would not meet his expectations. I want other opinions before I complain to pool builder.
2. If plaster job is sub par - what are potential solutions?
I'll add photos to listing. Problems with plaster:
1. We have a tanning ledge. 2 umbrella sleeves and 4 bubblers in tanning ledge. To me, plaster company did not take care around these items. Plaster is "sunken in" and over exposed at these sites. Should this have turned out better? If so, how can problem be fixed? If overexposed, I think only fix is repeat plaster. If repeat plaster - can this be stopped at the tanning ledge? Or will this look bad? Will ENTIRE pool have to be replastered?
2. Main drain. Plaster company messed up and had to patch. Supposedly, they will come back and use an under water polisher to fix. These seems reasonable and may be the easiest problem to fix. Agree?
3. Groove under tile. 2nd opinion pool builder noticed this, not me. He said plaster is very thin here. Will eventually crack. Agree? Any solution? Can this be patched?
4. Spa. Color is very irregular. Lighter at edge of step. I know there will be some mottling, but this looks technical. Is this acceptable? Any solution other than re-plaster? Could this be a fault of poor setup after plaster? Pool builder had pool plasterd and then went out of town for 2 weeks. Left me with a pool I didn't know how to take care of.
Thanks for the help. Let me know if I can provide any more info.