I'm wondering if just bringing pool up to shock levels at night will cause me any problems?
Due to work, kids, their friends, and family in the pool daily, I've only been able to shock at night. FC levels drop back down to 5-7 by noon and then swimmers are in. I found out a couple weeks ago (after finding this site) that my CYA levels are low - maybe 15 (test is a little cloudy but still see the dot when tube is full). A couple weeks ago, pool was very cloudy, switching to bleach and shocking for a couple days made it crystal clear. Still haven't passed the overnight test and still get .5 CC daily. Typical test results below:
Nothing way outta whack. The TA seems a little high and I know I need to add some CYA, but is there anything else of concern? Am I just wasting money adding extra bleach and not maintaining shock levels all day? Will I ever get CC to 0 and pass the overnight test this way?
Like I said, water is now crystal clear and everyone loves it.... Hate to kick them out for a few days while shocking unless the weather gets bad.... Been sunny, hot here for two weeks - not sure if I can stay out for a couple days