Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum recommendation?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum recommendation?

Hello all. I have a 15'x 48" Intex metal frame pool with a Intex 56635E 1,500 gallon pump. I am really not happy with the vacuum that came with the pool (it's one that connects to a garden hose). So... I am in the market for a new vacuum and I came here for advice. While I would love a fancy schmancy vacuum, I am on a budget and can't spend more than $75 or so on a new one. Any suggestions?
    13,500 Gal, 24' round AG pool with 22'' sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    south georgia

Re: Vacuum recommendation?

the aqua broom has pretty good reviews on amazon! [attachment=0:1jkrn177]aqua broom.jpg[/attachment:1jkrn177]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

3. Back To Top    #3
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Vacuum recommendation?

I like our Aqua Broom, but if I had to recommend anything it would be the larger model (although I haven't used it). It works great (the smaller one shown above) but I do wish it had a larger head and perhaps a little more suck.

I also would recommend using the sock that comes with it, inside the main filter (not outside). It still doesn't get the fine stuff, which seems to settle back on the bottom rather quickly. Am now going through the sock drawers to look for a finer stocking material in the hopes that it will filter a little better.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.