Had algae bloom last week.....

Jul 5, 2011
I had an algae bloom last week that i quickly took care of by using super shock and green out. I ran the filter continuously for 48 and green pool turned a blue/gray color. When the filter finally stopped during the night, the next morning I noticed all the dead algae laying on the bottom of the pool. I ran the filter gain for 2 straight days and can not seem to get the dead algae to stay trapped in the cartridge filters. I even cleaned the filters every 6hrs.
The local pool place suggested Floc...but I would have to vacuum the pool to remove the dead algae. Any suggestions other then flocking and pumping out the algae along with the pool water???

one pool guy suggested adding small amounts of floc to the skimmers so that the stuff settled out in the filter rather than the floor of the pool and could be backwashed away. is there a reason not to do this?

The dead algae would have to be in suspension in order to make it to the filter in the first place. Floc makes it clump and drop to the bottom of the pool. Unless you have an in floor pool cleaner, you will need to vacuum out the dead algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.