Advice Please - filled pool w/o chems or equip.

maggiem

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2008
Hi All! The plaster was done on the 30th June and we filled that night (with a pool water service, 24K gallons) Trouble is the electric is just getting hooked up today. PB said because the electric is not done, they won't be out to start up until tomorrow. I get that but in the meantime, the pool will be sitting for 6 days without chemicals or circulation or anything. PB also said there is no need to brush the plaster until start up.

Now I like the PB and the work they have done so far but I'm concerned about the lack of chemicals and brushing. I can see some little spots around the stair tiles and hope this is not a harbinger of spots to come....

Anything I should be doing or looking for to minimize possible disaster here? I'm having nightmares again... :cry:

If electric is being hooked up today, then whatever has happened has already happened and things will be back on track by this evening (or tomorrow).

Generally you should be alright, I would have brushed anyway, and added some chlorine as well (right before brushing so the brushing would mix it in), but chances are good that you will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.