Finally installed my Stenner pump...

Feb 9, 2011
Central Texas
I have been using tabs to try and increase the CYA a bit. Does not seem to be working. CYA is stable even though I have been feeding tabs and supplementing with bleach to keep up with the load from swimming and sun.

I was particularly nervous about tapping the return for the pump since, if I screwed it up, it was going to be a major re-plumb as there was no room to cut and couple. Fortunately the tap went well and the fitting does not leak.

Now to dial in the feed times.

I am considering just doing a run with the stenner wide open in late evening to replace daytime loss.

What schedule do you all run your feed pump on?
How much should I run the pump after the feed?

Run the pump for at least 30 minutes after you are done feeding bleach/liquid chlorine.

There are lots of ways to set up the feed schedule, more or less anything that feeds enough chlorine is fine. It is just slightly better to feed chlorine slowly all day, but if you do it some other way it isn't all that much of a difference.

Also, can I use tabs and the liquid bleach at the same time. Going out of town in a couple of days and want to ensure some chlorine is getting in the pool. Here is what it looks like at the injection point:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

You have a perfectly good injection system. Why would you want to use pucks? Just leave the system on the schedule and make sure the chlorine drum has enough to last the time you're gone. I can go a month on a full drum so you should be able to go a couple of weeks.

loweran said:
I have been using tabs to try and increase the CYA a bit. Does not seem to be working. CYA is stable even though I have been feeding tabs and supplementing with bleach to keep up with the load from swimming and sun.

I was particularly nervous about tapping the return for the pump since, if I screwed it up, it was going to be a major re-plumb as there was no room to cut and couple. Fortunately the tap went well and the fitting does not leak.

Now to dial in the feed times.

I am considering just doing a run with the stenner wide open in late evening to replace daytime loss.

What schedule do you all run your feed pump on?
How much should I run the pump after the feed?

I run mine a few times a day to even out the demand. I bought the non adjustable model and changing the run time gives me all the adjustment I need. I run my pool pump from say 2-6 PM. I have the stenner come on at 2:10 for 10 mins (1.96 oz/min for my pump) and then 3:10 for another 10 mins. I also have a similar program at night. The pump runs for quite some time after the stenner in both of my schedules. I dont think it really matters how you do as long as you maintain the target level. Since I have an automated controller I saw no reason not to run multiple times to flatten the peeks that you get with a single daily dose.

Steve

loweran said:
skamp said:
Since I have an automated controller I saw no reason not to run multiple times to flatten the peeks that you get with a single daily dose.
Steve

Yeah, but I am up against the 12 prog limit of the EZ touch.

I just hit that last night when I added the egg timer you recommended to my schedule. I had to delete one of my other injection schedules to add the egg timer. I am supprised they have a 12 schedule limit. That is kind of weak.

Steve

I agree Steve. How much memory does it take for a program? Seems silly. I had to remove the egg timers on my lights to make room for other things.

My setup is working great. Left town for 4 days, came back to a perfectly balanced pool. First time I have skipped days of adding bleach!

loweran said:
I agree Steve. How much memory does it take for a program? Seems silly. I had to remove the egg timers on my lights to make room for other things.

My setup is working great. Left town for 4 days, came back to a perfectly balanced pool. First time I have skipped days of adding bleach!

Same here. Took a few days to get the run time dialed in but now it is within .2 -.4 ppm of target when I test daily. I am feeling good enough now to start testing every other day.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.