Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    187

    Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    I have been using tabs to try and increase the CYA a bit. Does not seem to be working. CYA is stable even though I have been feeding tabs and supplementing with bleach to keep up with the load from swimming and sun.

    I was particularly nervous about tapping the return for the pump since, if I screwed it up, it was going to be a major re-plumb as there was no room to cut and couple. Fortunately the tap went well and the fitting does not leak.

    Now to dial in the feed times.

    I am considering just doing a run with the stenner wide open in late evening to replace daytime loss.

    What schedule do you all run your feed pump on?
    How much should I run the pump after the feed?
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

  2. Back To Top    #2
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Run the pump for at least 30 minutes after you are done feeding bleach/liquid chlorine.

    There are lots of ways to set up the feed schedule, more or less anything that feeds enough chlorine is fine. It is just slightly better to feed chlorine slowly all day, but if you do it some other way it isn't all that much of a difference.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    187

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Also, can I use tabs and the liquid bleach at the same time. Going out of town in a couple of days and want to ensure some chlorine is getting in the pool. Here is what it looks like at the injection point:



    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad Bama Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SouthWest Alabama
    Posts
    22,347

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    You have a perfectly good injection system. Why would you want to use pucks? Just leave the system on the schedule and make sure the chlorine drum has enough to last the time you're gone. I can go a month on a full drum so you should be able to go a couple of weeks.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    187

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Ya, prob right. It is just brand new to me and I need a little confidence. Ran it for 2 hrs today and got me from 1.5 to 5.5. Did not expect that sort of rise based on my calculations. Need to dial it in.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    37

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Quote Originally Posted by loweran
    I have been using tabs to try and increase the CYA a bit. Does not seem to be working. CYA is stable even though I have been feeding tabs and supplementing with bleach to keep up with the load from swimming and sun.

    I was particularly nervous about tapping the return for the pump since, if I screwed it up, it was going to be a major re-plumb as there was no room to cut and couple. Fortunately the tap went well and the fitting does not leak.

    Now to dial in the feed times.

    I am considering just doing a run with the stenner wide open in late evening to replace daytime loss.

    What schedule do you all run your feed pump on?
    How much should I run the pump after the feed?
    I run mine a few times a day to even out the demand. I bought the non adjustable model and changing the run time gives me all the adjustment I need. I run my pool pump from say 2-6 PM. I have the stenner come on at 2:10 for 10 mins (1.96 oz/min for my pump) and then 3:10 for another 10 mins. I also have a similar program at night. The pump runs for quite some time after the stenner in both of my schedules. I dont think it really matters how you do as long as you maintain the target level. Since I have an automated controller I saw no reason not to run multiple times to flatten the peeks that you get with a single daily dose.

    Steve
    25,000 gallon saltwater in-ground pool with in-floor cleaners. Medium lagoon plaster. Jandy pump and heater and Glacier Pool chiller. Use iRobot Verro pool cleaner.

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    187

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Quote Originally Posted by skamp
    Since I have an automated controller I saw no reason not to run multiple times to flatten the peeks that you get with a single daily dose.
    Steve
    Yeah, but I am up against the 12 prog limit of the EZ touch.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    37

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Quote Originally Posted by loweran
    Quote Originally Posted by skamp
    Since I have an automated controller I saw no reason not to run multiple times to flatten the peeks that you get with a single daily dose.
    Steve
    Yeah, but I am up against the 12 prog limit of the EZ touch.
    I just hit that last night when I added the egg timer you recommended to my schedule. I had to delete one of my other injection schedules to add the egg timer. I am supprised they have a 12 schedule limit. That is kind of weak.

    Steve
    25,000 gallon saltwater in-ground pool with in-floor cleaners. Medium lagoon plaster. Jandy pump and heater and Glacier Pool chiller. Use iRobot Verro pool cleaner.

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    187

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    I agree Steve. How much memory does it take for a program? Seems silly. I had to remove the egg timers on my lights to make room for other things.

    My setup is working great. Left town for 4 days, came back to a perfectly balanced pool. First time I have skipped days of adding bleach!
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    37

    Re: Finally installed my Stenner pump...

    Quote Originally Posted by loweran
    I agree Steve. How much memory does it take for a program? Seems silly. I had to remove the egg timers on my lights to make room for other things.

    My setup is working great. Left town for 4 days, came back to a perfectly balanced pool. First time I have skipped days of adding bleach!
    Same here. Took a few days to get the run time dialed in but now it is within .2 -.4 ppm of target when I test daily. I am feeling good enough now to start testing every other day.

    Steve
    25,000 gallon saltwater in-ground pool with in-floor cleaners. Medium lagoon plaster. Jandy pump and heater and Glacier Pool chiller. Use iRobot Verro pool cleaner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •