Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So far so good!

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Texas

So far so good!

This is my first summer with a pool. Glad I found this site. Water has been fantastic all summer. Here are my latest #s:

FC: 2
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.5
    TA: 70
    CH 260
    CYA 40

FC is low, but trying to keep it maintained with tabs and the feeder just cant keep up. Want to raise my CYA to 50. I am supplementing with bleach.

The CYA seems to be stable even though I have been using tabs to try and get it up. I have used 8 tabs and it's gone from 45 to 40. Maybe splash out and backwash are keeping it in check, but it does not seem that there would be that much loss of water

I plumbed a Stenner pump this weekend and will be dialing it in.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So far so good!

I would trust the calculated CYA based on what it was plus what you added.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: So far so good!

Don't make the adjustments too quickly on your pump. I give it a day per adjustment just to make sure it stabilizes.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit