Jandy Aquapure help

May 7, 2011
I installed my Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG this weekend, and added my salt to the pool. I set the %CL2 generation to 0% for 24 hours as directed in the instructions. Last night I tried to set the % generation to 50%, but was unable to get it to work. When I push the up arrow on the control pad, nothing happens. There system shows to have flow. Any ideas?

The salt level reads 3.7. The green power light is on, the display reads flow, and 0% generation. I went home at lunch just now and tried again with no luck. If I push the down arrow, the unit beeps, but makes no sounds when I push the up arrow.

I have been tinkering with my Jandy 1400 for the last few months. Generally if you have a green power light, green flow light, and no yellow service lights or codes, the cell on (green) light usually lights up. Not sure why you cannot raise or lower you percent level with the up/down arrow. If you are stuck at zero percent, then I do not think the cell will come on.

Have you power cycled it a couple of times (turn off and on?)

there is a troubleshooting manual here:

http://www.pleasurepoolsno.com/wp-c...aPure and PureLink Troubleshooting Manual.pdf

The way that the unit is wired, is that when the pump is off, then the power to the unit is off. That being the case, I have powered off the unit several times. I am not getting a service code, or any apparent error displayed on the unit. I do read through the trouble shooting manual you linked to above, but did not find anything to help. I emailed Jandy support, but have not heard back from them yet. I was thinking that I might place it in boost mode and see if the unit generates. How will I know if it is generating?

I was thinking that I might place it in boost mode and see if the unit generates.
I would definitely try that.

How will I know if it is generating?
I know my cell is generating chlorine when I see a green "flow" light and a green "cell on" light.

The green "cell on" light does not come on if I have a yellow "low salt" light or a yellow "service" light on, which usually means it also flashes codes. Right now my flow/temp/salt sensor seems to be whacked, sometimes the green "flow" light does not come on so no chlorine. Other days the sensor works OK and generates chlorine. I will be changing it out soon.

I just placed the SWG in boost mode and it seems to work. The power, cell on, and flow lights are illuminated. It looks like the keypad up arrow button may not work. No codes are being displayed on the unit. I guess i'm down to getting a service rep out to troubleshoot and/or repair.

Assuming your pool/swg unit is new, then definitely have it looked at while it is under warranty.

The only other thing I can recommend as far as the up and down arrows not changing the percent is make sure the circuit board is correctly fastened to the external cover. I had mine apart testing it and you have to make sure the circuit board is snug up against the little arrows for the buttons to work smoothly.

Do your salt and temp buttons work correctly (you get a reading on the LCD when you push the buttons) ? If so, your circuit board is probably aligned properly.

Good luck.

Charlie.

I did check all of the connections and the salt and temp works. I have Jandy sending me a new keypad for the SWG unit. Hopefully it is just a bad button on the keypad and this will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Do you have the Jandy PDA Remote? When my system is running on one of the timed programs entered in the PDA, the only way I can adjust the SWG output is through the PDA program. The up/down arrows will not adjust it. I have to go into the PDA programming mode to "Set Aquapure". I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to be, but that's what works for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Jandy Apure 1400, 35,00gal pool. Cell is 5yrs old, well maintained and no problems. I am now showing the service light on. I had codes 120 & 121 flashing. I removed the cell and soaked in muriatic acid mixture. Cell seemed to be in good shape.Also cleaned the sensor and checked all connections. Reinstalled, seemed to work temporarily and then the service light came on with code 127. I checked the water for chlorine and it's not showing any. (Does a regular chlorine/ph pool tester work accurately with the salt pool?) What can I do or test at this point and are there any other options besides purchasing a new cell? Do these cells last more than 5yrs?

lennycurcio said:
What can I do or test at this point and are there any other options besides purchasing a new cell? Do these cells last more than 5yrs?
I had (I just replaced it since my sensor was bad anyway) a cell that did similar codes as yours. The cell was at least 8 years old, but it could of been plugged for years as I bought the house 6 months ago. I cleaned it a couple of time with MA. Then when I looked at it real close, I realized all the plates on the outer edge of the cell were plugged with calcium. The MA did very little to remove it. So I manually chipped out all the calcium with a thin welding rod and power washed it a number of times until 99% if the plates were clean. The cell worked great for 2 months straight, then I replaced it with a new unit because the sensor alone (with 16 foot cord) was $200. I got a kit with cell/sensor/powercable new for $550 but it did require re-plumbing some of the schedule 40 PVC. . But my old 2 port cell was chugging chlorine whenever the old sensor would register flow. PM me if you want to buy my old 2 port cell cheap.

Charlie.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.