Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pentair automation

1. Back To Top    #1

pentair automation

Currently in the middle of our inground pool build. We are installing a Pentair IntelliFlo pump, IC-40 SWCG, a Pentair cartridge filter and an IntelliBrite light. I'm thinking about purchasing a automation system, but don't know if my relatively simple setup (no solar, no heater, no spa, etc.) would warrant the extra cost. I've read on this forum that it's smart to get pentair automation with the IC-40 since it's only adjustable in 20% increments. I was looking at the EasyTouch 4P and wanted to know is this was right-sized for our setup.

The only thing that might change over the years is addition of a heat source (gas or solar).

Thanks for the help!
    Jason

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pentair automation

With a setup that simple, I would look at the SunTouch, which is much less expensive than the EasyTouch. Getting either automation system will give you better control over the SWG, allow you to synchronize the pump and SWG, and if you get a remote allow you to control the pool light remotely. If you eventually get solar, the SunTouch will be well worth it, as it can also control the solar system. If you don't get the solar system automation isn't as obviously worth the extra expense but is still nice to have.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Jason, with an Easy Touch and coupled with intelliflo or 2 speed Pentair do you still need intellicomm II to talk to the pumps? Or does the Easy Touch have it built in? Thinking about going this route myself.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

4. Back To Top    #4

All of Pentair branded automation systems will talk directly to an IntelliFlo, without any need for an IntelliComm.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School