Cell Power 1 = 5.0 amps
Cell Power 2 = 6.5 amps
Cell Power 3 = 8.0 amps

Voltage depends on the cell:
SC-36 = 17 - 21 volts
SC-48 = 23 - 27 volts
SC-60 = 21 - 25 volts

Am I on the verge.....

of needing a new cell? Is age the determining factor? It's on it's 5th season. Water chemistry has always been fairly consistant. Cell has always been clean. Has run an average of 8 hours a day (temp below 50F 4-5 months). Right now i'm on level 2 and it's 21V 6.5A. CYA now 75-80, FC 3.0, NaCl 3100, 92F (5:30 yesterday), Ph 7.5. I've upped the run time from 8 hours (winter mode) to 16 hours. I added no chlorine yesterday and should be 100F+ with bright sunny skies today. Hoping for a higher FC level after work.

Donnie

The cell plates wear out based on how many hours they have been turned on. In a typical setup that means a three to five year lifetime, but that varies.

Your numbers are consistent with a cell that is getting somewhat towards the end of it's life, but still has some time left. That is assuming the cell plates are not dirty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.