Looking for advice regarding my difficulty establishing initial chlorine levels. We opened 8 days ago and the water now appears sparkling clear. Easiest clean up ever (2 days from black/green) to present state, but no matter how much shock (liquid bleach) added, it is gone within 20 minutes.
Here are present results: temp 74, sat index-o, TDS- 1000, CYA 24 (adding 3.5 more lbs stabilizer as I wrtie), TC 0.03, FC 0, Ph- 7.5 TA 131, Adj TA 124
Total hrd- 206.
This is a 20X40 vinyl lined pool with DE filter
Pump running fine, at about 10- 12
Again, visual is perfect. Crystal clear...
We are leaving for a week long vacation next Wed. (7/13), so I am anxious to remedy.
Also interested in the "what if..." (if pool is in present state, any thoughts on vacation treatment? I will have another pool owner looking is.)
Thanks -- this is my first post. Appreciate your patience and advice.