HELP with Removing Sealer on New Stamped Pool Deck

briansturgeon

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
We just poured and stamped our pool deck on Saturday. We used Solomon integral color and Brickform powder release and Euclid Super Diamond Clear sealer with Shark Grip added for texture.

The stamp job turned out nice. We cleaned everything Sunday and then sealed. The problem is that my wife was not home to give the approval before sealing the job. Apparently, she would have liked more of the dark nutmeg release washed off before sealing it. I thought it looked good so we went ahead and sealed it. Now here are my questions.

1. How difficult would it be to remove the sealer that we just put on Sunday and then pressure wash off more of the release and then reseal?

2. If I just wait a couple of years to do this would it be easier because some of the sealer will have worn off?

3. Will the fresh concrete be damaged if I try to remove the sealer when it is so fresh?

4. Will I be able to remove more of the release a few years down the road or will it be harder to remove the longer it is on there? I know that it seemed to come off fairly easy on Sunday when we cleaned it.

Thanks.

Melt In The Sun said:
I'd contact the builder first, since you aren't happy with their work. The manufacturer of the sealer should be able to answer all those questions, but in my opinion it's the builder's job to be asking them.

I'd disagree with that, seeing how he approved the color and they went ahead. Any re-do because of the wife's preference is an extra at that point.

I'm sure a muriatic acid and possible industrial sandblast would get it back down to cement for another attempt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.