Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP with Removing Sealer on New Stamped Pool Deck

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP with Removing Sealer on New Stamped Pool Deck

We just poured and stamped our pool deck on Saturday. We used Solomon integral color and Brickform powder release and Euclid Super Diamond Clear sealer with Shark Grip added for texture.

The stamp job turned out nice. We cleaned everything Sunday and then sealed. The problem is that my wife was not home to give the approval before sealing the job. Apparently, she would have liked more of the dark nutmeg release washed off before sealing it. I thought it looked good so we went ahead and sealed it. Now here are my questions.

1. How difficult would it be to remove the sealer that we just put on Sunday and then pressure wash off more of the release and then reseal?

2. If I just wait a couple of years to do this would it be easier because some of the sealer will have worn off?

3. Will the fresh concrete be damaged if I try to remove the sealer when it is so fresh?

4. Will I be able to remove more of the release a few years down the road or will it be harder to remove the longer it is on there? I know that it seemed to come off fairly easy on Sunday when we cleaned it.

Thanks.
    18 x 36 IG Vinyl Liner 28K Gallons
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair CC + 420 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch CP with IC40 SWG
    2" Suction and Return Lines - 2 skimmers, 6 returns
    Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP with Removing Sealer on New Stamped Pool Deck

I'd contact the builder first, since you aren't happy with their work. The manufacturer of the sealer should be able to answer all those questions, but in my opinion it's the builder's job to be asking them.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    I'd contact the builder first, since you aren't happy with their work. The manufacturer of the sealer should be able to answer all those questions, but in my opinion it's the builder's job to be asking them.
    I'd disagree with that, seeing how he approved the color and they went ahead. Any re-do because of the wife's preference is an extra at that point.

I'm sure a muriatic acid and possible industrial sandblast would get it back down to cement for another attempt.
    24k gallon inground with 500 gallon spa, 580sqft Jandy cartridge filter, Jandy ePump 2HP variable speed pump, Jandy 1400 SWG AquaCal Heat Pump, Diamondbrite Aqua Quartz plaster

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree that it's not the builder's fault that she thinks it's too dark. All I said was that the builder should be able to answer his questions.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden