Solar - get me started

Jun 5, 2009
I just finished a good bit of work on our pool.
Replaced the filter w/ a Hayward S244T2,
I poured a new 2'x3' pad about 10' away from the old location (further out of view from the porch)
I plumbed the overflow into a T so I could add a line to the side of the pool later for the baracuda vac. (yeah, dig dig dig; I'll get to it, I swear!)
I extended the flex-conduit wiring and will bury that soon, as well as the extended plumbing.
I got a new bulb and seal in the Amerilite. It's working and hopefully won't leak.
I let things go too long so we did a full drain and fill over the weekend along with lots of yuck removal.
Everything seems to be working great.

Now, can you link me to your favourite threads on here re: basic design of a solar heater?

The equipment is about 20' north and 5' over from the corner of the house. I think I'd like to do the following:
- due to a pre-existing timer (formerly for the booster pump,) I'd want to just add a dedicated pump on that timer
- plumbing could be run underground, then up to the roof to catch solar between October & April. We're at about 33° 30' latitude

I'm up in the air on whether I'd go straight through a new hole in the roof or route it around the edge. Sometimes I focus on things too much, such as minimizing plumbing turns in this case.

Whatever reading links you can supply would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.