Im confused about liners

archonis

In The Industry
May 28, 2011
Hey there,

I will try to post pics soon if i can but i am confused. I have a 18x33 garden leisure pool. The liner is confusing the heck out of me. I can not keep it in its tracks to save my life. I notice it was a few inches off on one side (pool level) but i told myself i deal with it later. I drain the water half way down and raised that one side up by about two inch. It was about 4. I can deal with two. A month or so later the bead came out of its track. I drain the pool and put it back in place. re-level the pool bottom (good time to do it where I raised it) and started filling. Every time i get almost a foot. it pulls the liner out of the track. Keep in mind I never disconnected the old liner from the skimmer and its less then a year old or around a year, so it should be fine. On my fourth time filling the pull using pop sticks to put in the track it still pulled out.

I have used overlap liners in the past but all this unibead, bleaded, v-bead, u-bead is confusing the heck out of me. I think im doing something wrong and I watched a youtube video where a guy said you have to cut the uni-bead to make it a snap liner. huh?

I have no clue what liner I have so i took some pics. I been googling the heck out of it. The pics was taken at night so I hope it will work.

I am using a track that goes on the inside of the pool. when i place the liner in the track, i dont see how it holds it.

Photo-0074.jpg

Here is the back side.
Photo-0075.jpg

I tried everything. I thought maybe i was putting it in wrong or i needed to cut it off and the flat part goes in the track. There is no dout that im getting a tight fit in the track. As soon as there is about a foot of water is when it comes down. When I say comes down. I mean it "PULLS DOWN" not just pops out in one or two spots. I thought it might have been air behind the liner popping it out so i used a vaccum and still no luck.

I was told if the liner is a unibead liner you can hang it directly on the wall and put the metal coping over that then the top rail. Afriend of ours had the same thing happen and because it was unibead we hung it on wall...24ft above ground pool it now is over half full and liner is fine. I would try hanging it on the wall itself

Is your liner really tight in the area it pops off? Wondering if the tension of the water is popping it off.

I have a unibead liner, assuming you didn't remove anything from the liner (convert it from v-bead to hanging bead) then you are likely using the v-bead option, this is an upside v at the top and you sort of pry that onto the edge of the pool wall....I had a hard time getting this on but once it's on it's very solid.
With mine we used spring clamps at 12,9,6 and 3 (four "sides" of the pool) and then started working out from one of those points, that's the only way to get the liner on or else the final area is too tight. My pool came with plastic coping that went over top of the liner and then a stabilizer bar that went over top of that. Once all that was on the liner is really locked quite securely.
First time thru it was a pain, but once I did it right it's a solid product.

Any chance the problem area is the where you finished hanging the liner and really had to force it on?

UPdate, after looking at your pics it seems like that line in between your bottom 2 comments is the middle of the V, looks like from that point upward should be on outside of the pool and it literally did pull it down but not off. Hard to tell from the pics though, the part I circled in red, is that the part that should be seated on the pool wall?

Attachments

• Photo-0074.jpg
    Photo-0074.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 163
cramar,

I think your right for the most part. It was not hard at all to put in the track then you think it would be. I think its the water pulling on the liner to streach it is why it keeps popping out. I was about 4 inchs low on the back side and when i rasied it up. I started having the problem. The top part is what i am putting in the track then a think flat part hangs out. (middle of photo)

Check out the PDF here from Swimline : http://swimline.com/swimline/Unibead%20Inst.pdf

This explains some details.. I for one have a a unibead and using the J(V) hook option where I remove the top rail and place the liner on top of the wall and place the metal rail back down on top of this.

If you are not doing this and using as a regular beaded liner--then you have to cut the J-part off and use the beaded receivers under the top rail--then the liner slips into the track.

From what it looks like you are trying to put the J-hook part into the beaded plastic coping --it is very hard to see with those pics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.