cloudy/green water - help

Jul 4, 2011
Split from cloudy-green-water-help-t35310.html Butterfly

woodyp said:
The only "professional" product you should need to clear your pool at this point is good old 6% household bleach. Read shocking your pool in pool school. Run the pump 24/7 and backwash it as needed. Welcome!

I seem to be having the same issue this year for some reason. The green changes to milky then almost clear then back to green by the end of the week. All I use right now since I found this website is 5.25% to 6% bleach, depending what store I'm at for the bleach. 3/4 gal at the Dollar Tree is 5.25% and the Walmart/grocery stores in the area carry 6%. The Ph is at 7.5-7.8 but I only use the test with the red drops and yellow drops for Ph and Chlorine. So if your correct, I should be using more chlorine to get my 13,000 gal pool clean? I use 1-2 gal a week but it just doesn't seem to be working. My pool is in the sunlight most of the day. Not sure if that needs me to add more chlorine. Help?

anonapersona said:
Are you adding a little bleach daily?

No I don't add daily. Didn't think I needed too. Used to do once a week when I was spending all my money at the pool store. Now I'm looking to go BBB method this year. So you think daily is a good idea? How much daily? I don't want to come out of my pool a blonde. lol (jk)

Forgot to add, I started using a solar cover this year. good or bad?

dfarrarjr said:
anonapersona said:
Are you adding a little bleach daily?

No I don't add daily. Didn't think I needed too. Used to do once a week when I was spending all my money at the pool store. Now I'm looking to go BBB method this year. So you think daily is a good idea? How much daily? I don't want to come out of my pool a blonde. lol (jk)
How much depends on what your test kit says.

I think it's time for you to visit Pool School:testkit:

Most people will have to add chlorine daily.. even if small amounts to keep the levels w/in range for their Cya value.

Do a good read of the pool school and while your there look at the "how to shock" area. If you're fighting algae.. it will give you what you need to know to win that battle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.