Ordering TF-100 Test Kit. Suggested options?

Apr 5, 2011
Springfield, MO
After review of site, I've decided to purchase the TF-100 test kit. Don't know what options to order.

New pool owner. Have plaster pool with SWG.

Speedstir - Worth purchasing? Given limited posts I've seen - I would assume "Yes".
Borates test strips - I have no clue. I know nothing about Borates at this time. I would assume no, and can order down the road if need be?
Have SWG. So, go with "Salt test strips" OR "K-1776 Salt test". Supposedly strips easier/ quicker. K-1776 more precise. Which option better?
XL option - No

Thanks in advance for the help.
Chad

Speedstir is really very, very nice especially since you have a plaster pool and CH is important!
I kiss my speedstir after each CH test is finished because I remember testing without it! :p

Can't answer about the salt strip vs. K-1776 test.

Borates are optional. As you said, you could make that decision down the road if you wish.

Welcome :wave:

The strips are adequate for most people. However, many like the extra precision and extra tests you get with the drops based. It's hard to say which one is best.....it's more like which one suits your needs.

Just get the salt test strips this year. The more precise salt test is worth it when you are having problems with an older SWG. But it sounds like yours is new this year, so the extra precision isn't worth it.

+1 to the Speedstir. It is outstandingly convenient.

And yes, the calcium hardness test would be a huge pain in the booty without it.

Get the borates too. I added borax to my pool on a whim and the water feels amazing. But now I have no idea how much I have in there. ^_^

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.