Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reading above 10PPM Clhorine.

1. Back To Top    #1

Waldorf, MD

Reading above 10PPM Clhorine.

I currently have the ColorQ plus 7 test kit and it only goes up to 10PPM in FC and TC... Does anybody know any test kits that go beyond the 10PPM range? it hard to maintain a shock level of 21 PPM when you have no idea what your current level is.

The pool calculator has been pretty good at getting me to where I want to be but after calculating to 21.. you cant stay there if you don't know how much it dropped after 1 day/night.

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Reading above 10PPM Clhorine.

Look into pool school here and read up on the 2 test kits recommended. TF100 man myself. They read up to 50 ppm FC.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Reading above 10PPM Clhorine.

Why, yes, I do!

It's a FAS-DPD test. It can read up to 50. You can buy it alone, or included in a Taylor K-2006 or TF100 test kit.
    All 3 are available here:
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!