Question regarding my Inteliclor IC 40

Aug 17, 2009
I have an IC 40. I intentionally over sized the chlorinator so that it would last longer and not have to work as hard. In the hot summer I have had to set it at 60% to get proper chlorination. Is this normal?

Current relevant readings- IC Set at 60%

FC- 4.0
PH-7.5
CYA- 85
Outside temp 82
Water Temp 86- solar heated

Comments/questions?

Thanks and happy 4th!

For reference/comparison, my cell is set to 20% and maintains a steady 3.5 FC and is ON just 60 minutes/day. Pump runtime is 10 hours but only 5 hours on a 25 GPM speed which turns on power via a relay to the IntelliChlor Transformer.

5 hours / 20 % = 60 minutes and I have verified this via the Pentair IntelliWand program output.

And if your an SC Alum like me we like our pools clean and ready to party. Your settings sound ok and your other numbers look good. Basically the settings on the IC40 20, 40 60 etc relate to percentage of an hour that the cell is generating Chlorine. Besides your run time your pump speed will also make a difference.

On my 25K pool I run 40% for 12-15 hours a day to get 3-4 ppm at 1800rpm. I vary the settings based upon pool usage, sunlight and clarity of the water and FC levels.

Blake

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.