Very first time in my life adding Chemicals to a pool!

Jun 29, 2011
Dothan, Alabama
I'm feeling a little scared. I don't know what in the heck I am doing, and the warning labels on my chemicals have me scared to make a wrong move. Ok. It says I need PH Down, Calcium Hardness Increaser, Shock Plus, and a Chlorine Tab. I only have the tabs, and shock plus. So, I'm heading to Lowe's to get the rest, and also to get a floater for the chlorine tab. I'm a little confused as to in what order to add these, or do I have to wait to put them in seperately, or can I put them in back to back? Also, how long do we need to wait to swim after using these? The shock plus, says you can swim within 15 minutes, but not sure about the others? Thanks in advance for help.

Do you have any testing results you can post for us so we can help? Can you tell us about your pool and equipment like mine shows below? Just go into your profile and add a signature line. If its a vinyl liner pool, you don't need any calcium. Do you have any CYA? We suggest using muriatic acid to lower your PH if necessary. Depending on pool size, I'd recommend adding some good old liquid bleach 6% to your shopping list to get started. Have you read pool school first?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.