Cloudy water with SWG

Jun 27, 2011
Hi Everyone - Happy 4TH :-D -We have a new Intex metal frame 12 x 30 pool (2100 gal) with SWG. Have been to Pool School & purchased the TF 100 as recommended by the community. I've only had to run the filter (1000 gph) for 3 hours & SWH x -1-2 hours & the pool has been crystal clear. Now the pool has been cloudy x 2 days - the measurements are as follows:
FC 4
CC .5
TC 4.5
pH 7.5
CYA 60
TA 130
CH 100

I changed filter the ran the pump all night - it is still cloudy :( Any ideas on the problem?

I would go ahead and shock your pool with bleach and let the filter continue to run. Tonight, after the sun sets, check your FC. Check it once again in the morning before the sun comes up and see how much FC you lose overnight. If you lose more than 1 ppm of FC or your CC is greater than 0.5, continue to shock.

Thanks - the pool is clear, I hit the boost on the SWG to shock it & it ran for 8 hours - but it says to measure copper because it will turn blonde hair green if copper is too high (have 5 blondes here) - I have the Intex texst strips, but the chlorine test strips are so unreliable that I am not comfortable with their copper test strips. Where can I find a reliable copper test kit? I thought to avoid boosting with copper ions, I would shock it with OTC bleach (is that a good idea?) - how much bleach would I have to use for a 2100 gallon pool? How long do we have to wait after putting bleach in to shock do swimmers have to wait?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.