Considering Circupool,Compupool, or Autochlor systems...

Fyl54

Jun 21, 2011
Hey guys,
Posted last week about my dig 220. Seems like the cell needed replacing, but before I ordered it, the dig unit itself now appears to be shot as well (display is stuck, and is unresponsive to any input I attempt). I am now having second thoughts about continuing to use this system, even though I know others on this site really like it. In truth, it has given me a lot of trouble over the last few years, and it is expensive, so I'm thinking about other options. A comparison chart I have seen may well be slanted to push certain brands, so I'm wondering if the Circupool RJ60 or the Compupool CPSC48 in your opinions, might be more reasonable alternatives for my 44,000 gallon pool. I also know some people that have used an Autoclor system on their pools and are very happy with them, would this be another option as well? Thanks for any advice.

The 2 people I know with the units are calling them autochlors by mybluepool; but their pools are in the 13,000 gallon range. My pool is considerably bigger, but these folks seem to like their autochlor units. Do they make them for pools in the 44,000 gallon range, and are they true salt generators?

Bobo; im seriously thinking of getting the cpsc48...seems like a great bang for the buck. Just hope its big enough for my 44k gal...dont have too many non commercial choices in that range. Gotta decide soon. Thanks guys for your help.

Fyl54 said:
Bobo; im seriously thinking of getting the cpsc48...seems like a great bang for the buck. Just hope its big enough for my 44k gal...dont have too many non commercial choices in that range. Gotta decide soon. Thanks guys for your help.
Go online to http://discountsaltpool.com/Full_Market ... 7QodNANyYw

They don't seem to carry anything larger than CPSC36 but it shows how it compares to the competition, and it smokes em !!! They have the best price by a long shot !!! I'm sure they can get you a CPSC48 and there is talk about a CPSC60 coming soon !!!

Just ordered a compupool cpsc 48... it may not be as fancy as some of the other systems, but the price was quite reasonable. If it gets the job done, it'll be well worth it. Thanks to all of you for your input; picking a swg sure can be confusing! I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

Hey guys...well, my cpsc 48 finally arrived! With much trepidation, I went about the task of removing my old autopilot dig 220 system, and installing the new compupool. Considering that my experience in plumbing and electrical wiring work is extremely limited, I was quite pleased with the way things worked out. The directions were pretty simple and easy to use. After letting all my fittings set overnight, I gave the system a trial run today, and it seems to be working quite well. Because my chlorine level was quite low, I set the unit to superchlor to get things up to snuff. I do have one question though...the cord that attaches to the cell from the cpsc unit, and the unit itself, seems quite warm, bordering on hot. Is this normal? Or could it be that it is hot because I have it set for superchlor and its working at full force? Just want to make sure that its working properly and that I don't burn out the unit. Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They don't seem to carry anything larger than CPSC36 but it shows how it compares to the competition, and it smokes em !!! They have the best price by a long shot !!! I'm sure they can get you a CPSC48 and there is talk about a CPSC60 coming soon !!!

How does Compupool "smoke them?". CPSC48 is rated at 1.28 lbs/day at the NSF website: http://www.nsf.org/Certified/Pools/List ... it1=SEARCH (see Tiffany Holdings) and also at discountsaltpool if you navigate by brand to the page with Compupool models: http://discountsaltpool.3dcartstores.co ... 2-0-1.html

Well guys, the cpsc48 is working like a charm! For anyone thinking about buying this unit,so far it has my recommendation. Instalation was pretty easy and it started pumping out chlorine right away. Its not as fancy as some of the other units and lacks some of the bells and whistles, but its simplicity makes it easy to use and its very user friendly for the novice. Thanks so much to all of you, especially boba, for your advice...this forum really helps to navigate around all the expensive nonsense that some less than honest pool "professionals" toss our way. Ill keep you guys posted going forward about the cpsc48.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.