pool water into spa

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
I am not sure if this is possible or not, but here goes my question.

I currently have an in ground pool with sag.

In my new spa, I am using a 2 part bromine system, combined with a swg? The swg helps in keeping the bromine constant while we are not adding spa pucks after use.

I find this spa is easily twice as much work as my pool and want to convert it over to chlorine.

Can I use the water already in my pool, which cya levels of 60, and put it in my spa? I would then simply add bleach after each use.

Secondary question would be, can I then retrun that water back into the pool when I wanted to change the water out?

Any help would be appreciated as BBB has me running my pool on less then $100 a year.

Rik

I can do it with a submesible pump. spa is only 5 feet from pool.

I am thinking the water from spa, would easily be handled by the pool, then I could get fresh balanced water back into spa very easy. Just need to heat it back up...both would have cya an salt in it

Since the spa is isolated, I'd just run it Using Chlorine in a Spa. The water should last a reasonably long time depending on bather load, but I'd dump it and use it for watering lawns or other areas (mix with other sprinkler water to dilute the salt). Adding it back to the pool just adds the built-up organics which eventually would require some pool water dilution though perhaps that happens with backwashing and rain overflow. You could use pool water to fill the spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.