hayward C2025 Pool filter. Filters don't fit!

Jul 17, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hello again,

Seems that ordering replacement filters for my hayward C2025 Pool Filter isn't as easy as I thought. According to the literature, I needed a CX480XRE replacement filter for it. 4 of them. So I went out to the internets and found the Pleatco PA56SV replacement cartridge. All was well until they arrived.

They are about 1/2 the length of the filters that I have currently in the system!

Does that mean I can use them and they're x2 as powerful as the current filters? or do I need to get 4 more of them?

GAH!

Thanks for the help!

The stock numbers indicate they would be a direct replacement.

For a Haywared C2025
Hayward OEM element CX480XRE
Filbur part number FC-1223
Unicel C-7458
Pleatco PA56SV

The filters should be be 14 1/8 inchs tall and 7 inches in diameter with a 3 inch hole in the top and bottom.
What are the measurements of your old filter?
What are the measurements of the replacement filter?

Double check the information on the side of the filter to be certain that the filter you own is in fact a Hayward C2025.
There should be a model number or Identification plate on the side of the filter.

PSG

I will measure the old filters, but the ends got chem burned (or wore out--guessing--posted pics a few weeks back) so I don't know what model or make they were. They are considerably bigger (longer) than the new filters I just got shipped to me. The plate on the filter cannister indeed says it is a hayward 2025, and lists a serial number. So frustrating... I don't know if someone else replaced the filters prior to my buying the house with non-standard sized ones or what.... I don't know if the ones I ordered (and are marked with the correct number for my filter, and match the size description) will even fit... Hate to try and see if it works, because then I can't return them if they don't... :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.