Return Eye ball

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
My return eye will not stay in. What would make it shot out when you turn the pump on? The ring that you tighten up is as tight as it can be but the eye will still not stay in? Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, question. I have never had to change or mess with the eyeball. When I unscrew the "nut" on the inside, does it also loosen or unscrew the whole part of the eyeball that goes from inside the pool to the outside? In other words do I have to drain the pool below the return before I unscrew? I went to unscrew it yesterday and it moved the outside part as well and started to leak so I tighten it back up. Now you can see why my user name is what it is!!!!! :hammer:

There are several parts of the return fitting. There are two parts to the thru wall fitting not counting gaskets. The backing nut and the flange fitting. The flange has a threaded portion that the eyeball fitting screws into. The eyeball fitting has 3 parts. The base that screws into the flanged wall fitting, the eyeball itself and the retrainer ring that screws onto the base and holds the eyeball in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.