Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy mulit color light problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy mulit color light problem

When I go to turn on the light "using the light switch" It flashes brite but then goes dim and stays like that, dont matter what color. The light is about 3 years old...just wondering if it could be the light it going out or maybe wiring? any ideas or tips to figure it out. Thanks
    15k Midnight Blue StoneScape Pebble inground pool and spa
    Pentair clean and clear plus 420 filter 2 Sta-rite 1 1/2 hp pump Raypack 406 heater. TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy mulit color light problem

Sounds like a either the switch is out to lunch or the common has a fault elsewhere. 12V or 120V?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

120v By the way..spa light works separate switch same box
    15k Midnight Blue StoneScape Pebble inground pool and spa
    Pentair clean and clear plus 420 filter 2 Sta-rite 1 1/2 hp pump Raypack 406 heater. TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Kinda makes it likely to be the switch then.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi folks, I don't know if this will help anyone, but I found an easy fix today with the help of a pool tech. The problem I had been having with my colored lights (about three years old) is that no matter what color I selected, the white light would go on, then off, and the lights would stay dark - no color. I called the technician at my pool company, and he said that sometimes with the Jandy lights, if there has been any kind of power outage or flicker, the light controller can become "confused" and be unable to activate the colored lights. The fix for this? Turn on the color light function, select "color splash" and let that cycle for a few minutes. Apparently, Jandy built in a "reset" for the brain behind the lights, and activating "color splash" triggers that reset (kind of like rebooting a computer). I tried it, and it works like a charm - all of my color lights now work fine. Hope this helps someone.