Check those connections!

BadOleRoss

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2011
Lynchburg VA
I got a call from the wife asking me what I had done to the pool this time! I have a history of draining pools by forgetting to shut things off, draining fishtanks on livingroom floors, etc. She went on to say that my water level had dropped about 6" and was below the skimmer. In my calmest panicy voice I had her go over to the pump and turn it off. Once she got there she noticed water spraying from a PVC compression fitting. I went home and loosened and reconnected the fitting. It seems that the increased pressure in the sand filter from adding DE and CYA increaser had pushed the improperly installed connection to the leaking point. Good thing she was there to prevent a drained pool or/and a burned up pump. Be sure to check fittings!

Good advice! Good thing you were able to go home and fix the problem.

A friend just told me about her own near debacle. She found the pool low by several inches this past Friday and traced it to a cracked drain plug on the sand filter with water spewing all over the equipment shed. That story made me go to the pool store and pick up a replacement cap for my own filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.