Where to plumb SWG?

MarkTTU

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
We're in the process of building a gunnite 13 x 25 (12-13k gallon) pool. We've had above ground pools (Intex that we replaced every few of years as the kids wore them out) and over the years have acquired solar panels on top of our pergola (8'x20' total area), a Hayward sand filter, and a 1HP pump that we will be reusing. As such the PB is building the pool and is bringing the 2" PVC to the equipment pad, but I'm responsible for it from there.

I did an Intex SWG 4-5 years ago when I found it on sale for $99 and loved it the first season. Unfortunately the cell crapped out after about 1.5 years and I didn't have a clue how to clean it (hadn't found this site yet) so I wound up pretty well destroying it in my attempts at cleaning and never used it again.

I'm thinking for the new pool I'll go with an AutoPilot Nano, but I'm not sure where to plumb it in. I'd put the Intex after the solar just before the pool returns back when I had it and that's what I was thinking again here, but I thought I'd ask the experts first. Will the higher temperature after the solar heaters cause problems for the Nano or will the automatic temperature correction take care of it? What about cell life? Will running it in slightly warmer water appreciably change how long I can expect the cell to last?

Attachments

• plumbing schematic.pdf
    5.9 KB · Views: 23
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.