help me make an informed semi inground decision

UPSguy

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Toledo, OH
Well after a month and a half of the pool installer breaking appointments to level the ground for our 24' intex ultra frame pool I took up a GREAT friends offer to help me do it ourselves. We've had it up for 3 weeks now and like it much more than the smaller 18' version we had the last 2 years. We got the intex due to home owners association rules against permanent pools, even though the 24 is certainly pushing the envelope. We did notice someone on the other end of the sub has an 18' above ground pool sunk half way in and according to them the HOA has not raised any issues with it so we want to upgrade to a real pool. When search to find pools I could sink I found the Radiant Metric, the EZ panel pool and these 3 that seem to be the exact same pool: the sharkline oasis, pool factory king george and (who knows who makes it) Bermuda 54. Other than the price I am drawn to the Metric.

We did talk to the local pool company that originally sold the other pool many years ago, they brought it with them to our neighborhood and that particular model is no longer available. They were trying to sell us the sharkline Navigator but I am hesitant to buy that since everything I have read says do not to use any pool with rolled sheet walls semi inground.

I am open to any suggestions and ideas you knowledgable pool owners here can give me.

thanks in advance.

JasonLion said:
Doughboy makes a variety of pools designed to be buried.

Not trying to be disrespectful at all and i hope this doesn't get me booted from this site but I looked up Doughboy pools and clicked on their buried pool program. Not very much information at all other than their lie saying they make the only above ground pool that can be completely buried in ground. I choose not to support companys like that.

I was hoping for some further food for thought from members that have gone this route and what they choose, why and what they would change since doing it.

Again Jason, am sorry if my reply seemed inappropriate to you as the adminastrator. I requested info from doughboy but asked them to explain their claim since I am pretty darn sure the metric and ez panel pools I was looking at are designed to be above/semi or inground.

I think it's kind of irresponsible of you to call their statement a lie when you don't provide info from another mfg refuting that. EZ panel pools doesn't make Doughboy's statement a lie. While EZ Panel Pool says you can install their pool above ground, they never actually class it as an above ground pool.

Regardless of marketing nuances (I"m sure 99% of people's resumes are no better), Doughboy seems to have a solid reputation. I'm not familiar with them but I have come across a lot of people online that recommend them.

I don't have a buried pool but I recently purchased the Sharkline Matrix (Odyssey) AGP and I'm very happy with the product, Sharkline gets very good reviews.

Bama Rambler said:
I think it's kind of irresponsible of you to call their statement a lie when you don't provide info from another mfg refuting that. EZ panel pools doesn't make Doughboy's statement a lie. While it says you can install their pool above ground, they never actually class it as an above ground pool.

I reread what I posted last night, it was 12:30 in the moring on a holiday weekend that was full (as hopefully all others here were having) of swimming and boating and eating and games and fireworks. So, being tired, late at night and in a hurry to go to bed I might have misread things, ask my wife I have made a mistake or two. But this is the statement I read, Bama maybe you and I are reading it differently. From Doughboys website "Doughboy has the solution! We manufacture the only above-ground pool that can be installed completely in the ground" Sure seems to me they are classifiying it as an AGP.

This definitely an AGP that can be buried without voiding the warranty http://radiantpools.com/pools/detail/metric_round/

Before I get banned here for disagreeing, I hope everybody has a GREAT 4th of July.

Again, my asking for help here wasn't so much about a brand, it was looking for pointers, advice or cautions from someone who has done a semi inground pool. sometimes what looks good on paper doesn't work so good in real life.

Well, they said they are the 'most incredible' above ground pool, I believe my AGP is also incredible and it's a Sharkline, so clearly Metric is lying. :wink:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Good looking pool though.

cramar said:
Well, they said they are the 'most incredible' above ground pool, I believe my AGP is also incredible and it's a Sharkline, so clearly Metric is lying. :wink:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Good looking pool though.

:lol: 1 point for you, your matrix/odessey is a nice looking pool also.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.