Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Homeade stirrer

1. Back To Top    #1

Valrico, FL

Homeade stirrer

I split this post from the review of the Apollo Stirrer.

For a more inexpensive and innovative stirrer you might check out this URL:
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Love the homemade version!! I am gonna give it a try. I have all the parts already.

Thanks for the review. I also was hoping to see the chocolate in the milk. We go through more chocolate milk than you would believe in our house.
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Suwanee, GA
    I saw this and had to give it a try.

Using a 28.8 modem to connect to TFP? Not likely.

Using it to test the pool water:

Inside the modem:

This took just a few hours to build. Most of the time was spent cannibalizing 4 different hard drives and tweaking the unit for best performance. Since I didn't have a potentiometer on hand, the motor was running at full speed with a 12v power supply. This was causing havoc with just about everything. When I moved down to a 6v supply, it behaved much better. Seeing how well it works, I may take a trip to Fry's and get a potentiometer to put in there. The ability to adjust the speed will be nice.
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.