Multiple brown spots along floor, along wrinkles

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
I'm trying to determine if it's sand or something else along the floor of my pool. They are located sporatically just ablut everywhere except the part of the floor the return aims toward. I try to get samples but they dissapate as I try to scoop up a small section.

I spent about an hour vacuuming them yesterday and they've returned today. Very strange. Please help!

I have similar problem. I believe it is just dirt. The dirt is so fine however that when I try to vacuum it up with the type of vacuum that connects to a hose.....it just goes thru the sock and clouds up the water until it settles again.

I get dirt/silt everyday on the bottom of my pool, usually gathering in the dents on the floor...well away from the return jet. My dog goes swimming every day and I just attribute it to what he is carrying in on his feet, and possibly blow in from the trees surrounding my pool. If your numbers are looking good, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My best guess would be dirt/silt. I have it everyday also. I use skimmer socks and vacuum daily, but it still comes back where the dents and a few wrinkles are. It's just so fine that nothing catches it. I keep my chlorine levels at the max end and did an OCLT just to make sure. If you're like me it's very frustrating to have crystal clear water and see dirt on the bottom...grrrr!...lol

Thanks all for responding to this. Sounds like it's normal. I guess I'm finding out now why everyone likes those high-dollar auto-vacuums :) .

I've just quit adding DE after every backwash (TFP plug: Since the pool is now extremely sparkly) so that would explain the timing. I may look into going back to adding at least a small amount to try to slow the dirt without ratcheting the pressure gauge every day. Vacuum to waste would help prevent what nawie01 mentioned as well.

Thanks all. Will do OCLT as well!

got the same thing here in Mo. Got to looking at it closesly and noticed it was just dirt and nothing more..Vacume,vacume and vacume....Been really HOT here lately and dry so I guess its just the dirt in the air that gets attracted to the pool....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.