Smell of fish coming from my pool....

Hi and welcome to to the forum :wave:

I moved your post over here and gave you your own thread.

Post a full set of test results and we can help. Also tell us how you got the test results. We need:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Have you looked in the skimmers? Maybe something dead there? Have you been adding chemicals to the pool like algaecides or clarifiers or other potions from the pool store?

Forgot to add this-

I have been adding chemicals to the pool like algaecides and clarifiers from the pool store called Superior Pool Products, in Orange County, CA.

SeaKlear phosphate Remover- 4 oz. a week. www.SeaKlear.com

Easy Care PoolTec- 8 oz. a week. www.McGrayel.com

Easy Care AlgaTec- 8 oz. a week. www.McGrayel.com

So, even though my chlorine level is too low (<.4) my salt level from a test strip (AquaCheck) reads 7.4 = 5880 ppm

Welcome to TFP!
Smelly water means your most likely not sanitized correctly.
Go to pool school link (at the top of the page) and learn about why and how to fix your pool water.
My suggestion is if you got a 26,000 gallon in ground, you have no excuse to get the TF-100 testing kit, heck mines only 4300 gals and have my test kit. :wink:
This kit is the best tool in my toolbox, it can fix any water condition I have.
But, because I have this kit, I have a Trouble Free Pool! Never smells, always perfectly clear, never need to shock and is always screaming for us to come in and go swimming! :party:

P.S. The TF-100 Test kit is available online only.
Link to site in pool school.
Go here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/

So, even though my chlorine level is too low (<.4) my salt level from a test strip (AquaCheck) reads 7.4 = 5880 ppm
Those two are unrelated. Regardless of your salt level, Your chlorine is too low and it is very likely the reason your pool smells.

I would suggest you shock the pool. There is an article in Pool School that describes in detail how to shock your pool. Follow that article and I bet your pool will smell no longer.

Next, you need to figure out why your chlorine was so low. Is your SWG working correctly as far as you know?

No chlorine, no stabilizer, you could keep fish in that pool. Hope you are using ear drops after swimming.
You probably need to get stabilizer level up to 30, then shock properly. When you pass all tests to conclude shocking, bring stabilizer up to 70 - 80.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.