Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time between Chlorine and Muriatic Acid

1. Back To Top    #1

Time between Chlorine and Muriatic Acid

Just filled our pool and have added 1/2 gal Liquid Chlorine. Our ph is a little high, how long after adding the chlorine should I wait before adding Muriatic Acid?
    Location - Northeast Indiana
    15,000 Gallons (17x29) Above Ground - 1 HP Sta-Rite Pump - Cartridge Filter - Hayward Aqua Bug pool cleaner- Solar Cover
    TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time between Chlorine and Muriatic Acid

someone will be along to answer your question. Be patient, they may be using their pool or enjoying a family get together this lovely holiday weekend. BTW, Welcome to the Forum!
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

3. Back To Top    #3

30 minutes between additions, with pump running, should be fine.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

30 min with good circulation or add at far ends of the pool. If it is a small pool, circulate, if it is a big pool, add one at the deep end, the other at the shallow end. Both are added slowly, pouring over a return.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, I am so excited to have found the website.
    15,000 Gallons (17x29) Above Ground - 1 HP Sta-Rite Pump - Cartridge Filter - Hayward Aqua Bug pool cleaner- Solar Cover
    TF100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dshockney
    Thanks, I am so excited to have found the website.
    Oh! and welcome to the forum

We're glad to have you
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, super cool. In just a few months you will be bored with your pool. You test every day or so, you add stuff based on the Pool Calculator. It is always beautiful and blue and clear and clean. No excitement, no dumping of cash at the pool store. Nothing to talk about at the water cooler at work. It's like you need to find an entirely different hobby, there is not the drama with your pool that everyone else seems to have. Shoot, you may need to build an outdoor grill area! Or adopt a dog. Or let your mother-in-law move in. We need some drama here!
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just ordered my TF100 Test kit today, I think I have some time before boredom reaches the point where I will be asking my mother-in-law to pack her things
    TF100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by dshockney
    Just ordered my TF100 Test kit today, I think I have some time before boredom reaches the point where I will be asking my mother-in-law to pack her things