Intex Krystal Clear Model 637R Filter Pump Troubleshooting?

Re: Intex Krystal Clear Model 637R Filter Pump Troubleshooti

Get a real test kit, can the strips. I dont have the best one like the guys here suggest, but I get by without the CYA test. I get that done at the pool store once a month for free.

Check out the Pool Calculator at http://www.poolcalculator.com/

Adjust the size to your number of gallons at the top. Adjust your surface type to "vinyl" towards the bottom. Adjust your suggested goals to troublefreepool.com in the same area. Adjust your primary source of chlorine to your choice of chlorine. Mine is bleach.

Change the "Now" column for FC to zero, and your "Now" column for CYA to zero, and hit "Calculate"

In the fields to the right you will see the suggestions on how much stuff to add. If you are using bleach, add that much now.

Do you have pool conditioner {CYA}? You can get it from Walmart and Lowes. Measure out the required amount, pout it into an old sock, tied with a shoestring over the pump discharge. squeeze it often to get things moving.

Get a good test kit! Holler anytime, I'll help the best I can, but I'll bet lots of folks here will step up [and maybe provide better assistance!} if I'm not around!

After a second summer of learning, here is what I recommend:

Test Kit, I bit the bullet and finally bought a Taylor kit. I tried using the strips but they are so inaccurate.

Bleach, this is all I use now and the water has been great!

Fiber Clear. I can't stress enough how important it is to use this stuff. The intex filters work OK, but they cannot filter out the fine particles which will keep your water somewhat cloudy looking. You can get a 3lb bag at Leslie's for around $18. All you do is place a scoop of the powder right in the skimmer with the pump running. Pull the filter out every 3-4 days and spray it off. Re-install and then add another scoop of fiber clear. It works like a charm and it is perfectly safe unlike DE.

Finally, read read read the Pool School section! After a while it will all come naturally. Enjoy your pool!!

Hmmm, that stuff sounds interesting, giving it a shot right now. Water looks nice and clear, but when I get in with dark colored trunks, I can see tiny little bits in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.