Intex Wal-Mart pool - connecting to PVC

erc

May 19, 2009
I have a feeling this kind of thing has been discussed to death, but I haven't been able to find (or maybe understand) the information I've been looking for.

I've got one of those cheap Intex metal frame pools from Wal-Mart, and I have a Sta-Rite PRC75 filter connected with 1.5"
PVC.

For the past few weeks, I've been having trouble with low pressure (0-5psi) which I figured was an air leak. The most likely location for the leak is where my PVC "tries" to make a connection to that silly black piece of hard rubber on the outside of the pool. I won't show pictures of that piece of work because it's embarrassing. (rubber reducer, hose clamps, and other stuff sandwiched the middle to make it fit)

So, all of that to ask the simple question... is there some adapter I can buy or some simple hack that I can do to make the connection from my pool to the PVC that leads to my upgraded filter system? I've attached a couple photos to show what I'm dealing with.
[attachment=1:2qo8wsfs]pool1.jpg[/attachment:2qo8wsfs]
[attachment=0:2qo8wsfs]pool2.jpg[/attachment:2qo8wsfs]

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 465
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 461
I'm doing the same thing and made progress today. See this post for the fitting I used which I found at Lowes. It uses the Intex hoses then screws right into a 1-1/2 valve and from there anything you need. I'll post a pic when I finish it tomorrow.

Thanks, but I was really hoping to not use any flexible hose at all and hard-plumb the whole thing with PVC.

After looking through a bunch of Intex setups on this site, I've decided to cut out the rubber inlet and replace it with something standard and next year I'll pick up a hayward skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.