Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: With robot cleaner do you run your pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

With robot cleaner do you run your pump?

I'm new to the Polaris 9300 this season and I have a 2 speed pump which i run 24 hours on low speed. When you all put in your cleaner do you keep your pump running or do you turn it off?
    Also, when you connect the cable to the power center does yours screw all the way on the threads so you can't see anymore threads. My doesn't and I know the way it gets pushed in as I see the little square tab on one side. It still works but it seems hard to screw on and threads show. Thanks
    15x30 In ground vinyl liner, 16000 gallons. Sta-Rite Sys 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Aqua Comfort Heat Pump Model 110, Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 1.5HP 2 Speed Pump (Model P6RA6YF-206L), Loop Loc Mesh Winter Cover and always use Solar Cover. Polaris 9300 Sport Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.
    Liquid Super Chlor 12% (Sodium hypochlorite)

2. Back To Top    #2

Chicago, IL

Re: With robot cleaner do you run your pump?

I don't have a Polaris, but do have a Aquabot. I've not had an issue running the pump at the same time the robot is cleaning. I initially thought he may get caught on the main drain, but no problems at all.
    28K, 20' x 40' IG - Vinyl Liner, Hayward DE Filter, 1.5HP Pump, 250K Hayward BTU Heater, Aquabot Breeze 4WD robotic cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Eastern TN

I run my pump 14 hours per day and the Polaris runs when the pump is on.

I have the remote Polaris and the power cable fully covers the threads.
    New pool inground 28,000 gallons with spa.
    Hayward 3 HP and 1.5 HP pumps. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator. Auto water level. Polaris 9300xi

4. Back To Top    #4

Parkland, FL

pump on or off should have no affect on the robot, it works independently, I suppose it could get stuck on main drain if you are suctioning from there, I just use skimmer.
    12000 gal diamond brite pool with 400 gal spillover spa, 1 1/2 HP pump and Hayward 1100 cartridge filter, Hayward Heatpump.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Savannah, GA

We have a Nitro Wall Climber robot and run our VS pump (low RPM up to 3000 RPM) while Nitro is in the pool with no issues.
    Ken & Shari
    Savannah, GA
    16' x 40' freeform fiberglass inground (Pacific model, mfg by Tallman Pools), 23k gal, 2" plumbing throughout, Intellichlor IC-40, Easy Touch controller, Intelliflow VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Quad Cartridge filter. 4 Jandy deck jets (3/4" plumbing), Fiberstars color changing lighting, SR Smith salt friendly diving system, Interfab Wild Ride slide, Aquasol Solar Heat (5 panels 4'x12' DIY install automated with ET) RIP Nitro Wall Climber Mar 2011-Aug 2012, Nitro is survived by a Polaris 360.