Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking hot pool water

1. Back To Top    #1

Smoking hot pool water

Mine is. Or I should say, it was! Found this guy on the web.

http://www.mistcooling.com/poolcooler.htm

I bought two of these, installed easy and water temp dropped from 90 to 82 overnight!!

The dude is in Houston. It's about $3 worth of PVC fittings you could make yourself. Hard part would be driliing the hundreds of holes. I paid the man his money and no regrets - pool is nice now.

Just sharing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Smoking hot pool water

Should be good for aerating the pool to raise pH too
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

I installed 2 of them a week ago. Pool was at 90-92* at the end of the day. Now it is 82-83* in the morning doing up to 85-86*at the end of the day. I run my pool from 12am-7:30am. For $80.00 was well worth it.

Steve
    25,000 gallon saltwater in-ground pool with in-floor cleaners. Medium lagoon plaster. Jandy pump and heater and Glacier Pool chiller. Use iRobot Verro pool cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Smoking hot pbaby areaool water

Wow - you guys want to cool your pool?!!! nice complaint! The bay area just doesn't get ours quite hot enough

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, I WISH that was my problem
    Chris A.
    20x40 36k gal IG vinyl pool w/diving board & slide | 1.25HP Pentair Challenger motor & pump | 30" Triton TR100 sand filter | Pentair SM-20-3 multiport | Stenner 45MHP2 Peristaltic Pump & 13 gallon carboy (BBB) | Hayward CL200 Tablet Chlorinator (used on pool startup) | TF-100 | 2003 Sundance 850 Altamar hot tub

6. Back To Top    #6

My pool gets as high as 90 degrees in the summer. It really is no fun at that temperature.

7. Back To Top    #7

I just recently made 4 of these for my pool because the last two years the pool was miserable during the summer days....let me tell you that they work PERFECTLY. I was able to drop starting temperature at 9:00am to 84 degrees. Usually during the July/August summer months my pool water would get as high as 96. (gets full sun from morning to evening).

The parts from the big box stores should cost you around $25 bucks to make four of them. The only real time is spent drilling the holes on each one. I would say from start to finish took me about 30 minutes for each one...

Trust me, they WORK!
    Pool: 24k, 38' x 19' x 24' Free-form IG Gunite with 24' Infinity Edge and Cantilever coping, SGM Diamond Brite Super Blue Plaster,
    Filter: Hayward C5025 Swim Clear Cartridge Pool Filter - 525 Square Feet
    Main Pool Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 1HP - (SP3210EE), Hayward Pool Cleaner Booster Pump - 6060
    Infinity Edge Catch Basin Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 3HP - (SP3230EE)
    Automation: Aqua Plus 40K Gallon Chlorination and Control - PL-PLUS (SWG)

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by agent86
    I just recently made 4 of these for my pool because the last two years the pool was miserable during the summer days....let me tell you that they work PERFECTLY. I was able to drop starting temperature at 9:00am to 84 degrees. Usually during the July/August summer months my pool water would get as high as 96. (gets full sun from morning to evening).

The parts from the big box stores should cost you around $25 bucks to make four of them. The only real time is spent drilling the holes on each one. I would say from start to finish took me about 30 minutes for each one...

Trust me, they WORK!
    Pics? Part list? DIY sticky? My pool is 100 and I am currently draining and adding water to reduce the heat.
    16 x 32 15300 gal. IG Vinyl Jandy pump, Jandy sand filter, Paramount circulation system, Automatic pool cover.

9. Back To Top    #9

There are many, for example here or here.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

Here are 2 of mine...just one of many examples I'm sure...approximately 4ft in length...all parts from Home Depot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuOde_o-1Yg
    Pool: 24k, 38' x 19' x 24' Free-form IG Gunite with 24' Infinity Edge and Cantilever coping, SGM Diamond Brite Super Blue Plaster,
    Main Pool Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 1HP - (SP3210EE), Hayward Pool Cleaner Booster Pump - 6060
    Infinity Edge Catch Basin Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 3HP - (SP3230EE)

11. Back To Top    #11

Agent, so all your returns have coolers on them? I cant get that much air even with 2 plugged! 1/16 size holes? Nice pool by the way.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

12. Back To Top    #12

I have a total of 6 returns plus an additional one for the Polaris...

I am using the pool PVC coolers in 4 of the returns, and had to plug one up to make the sprayers shoot any kind of distance...

And yes the hole sizes are 1/16"... and approximately 210 holes per tube...

13. Back To Top    #13

I have 6 returns and plugged 2 and had coolers in the other 2 and basically got 4-6 inches of air! Didn't drill that many holes! 1 1/2 pvc not quite as high up as yours. Water wouldn't even go up to the top holes at all! Pumps putting pot good pressure.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

14. Back To Top    #14

Are you running these during your entire pump run time or for just a few hours?
    21,000 gallons
    Pentair 420 Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge Filter - Filter Area: 420 - Design Flow: 150
    Inground Plaster
    Pentair Whisper Flo Pump - 1 HP - Model CCP420
    Pentair MiniMax NT Series Pool Heater
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator
    Polaris 280 Cleaning System

15. Back To Top    #15

Here is a thread with a few other ideas.
    PVC is super easy and fun to work with. DIY on the cheap.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

I will usually install 4 of these around 10:00pm before going to bed, and then my 1HP pump starts up at 1:00am and runs until 7:00am. I stop the pump, remove these misters, then startup the pump again which runs until 5:00pm. On the weekends I will let the pump go until 9:00am with the pool misters installed...

17. Back To Top    #17

you can make anything with PVC. Gotta love it.
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

18. Back To Top    #18

What I do not quite understand is the large fitting at the the part that hooks up to the return is this for support and inside there is a threaded 11/2 fitting I marked the photo so you can see what I am referring to

16286 gal. 16x32 grecian with 2 shallow ends deep in middle, liner, aquagenie, aqualogic p-4 t-15 swg, 8'x20' solar panels, 16mil solar cover, Hayward 1hp superpump, 2" pipes, Hayward Pro 300lb sand filter, built july 07.

19. Back To Top    #19

Ah, forgot another piece...

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by agent86
    Ah, forgot another piece...

Thank you, now I got it. Will try this summer here in Peru
    LAZ
    16286 gal. 16x32 grecian with 2 shallow ends deep in middle, liner, aquagenie, aqualogic p-4 t-15 swg, 8'x20' solar panels, 16mil solar cover, Hayward 1hp superpump, 2" pipes, Hayward Pro 300lb sand filter, built july 07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast