Smoking hot pool water

Gigem

Jun 26, 2011
Mine is. Or I should say, it was! Found this guy on the web.

http://www.mistcooling.com/poolcooler.htm

I bought two of these, installed easy and water temp dropped from 90 to 82 overnight!!

The dude is in Houston. It's about $3 worth of PVC fittings you could make yourself. Hard part would be driliing the hundreds of holes. I paid the man his money and no regrets - pool is nice now.

Just sharing.

I just recently made 4 of these for my pool because the last two years the pool was miserable during the summer days....let me tell you that they work PERFECTLY. I was able to drop starting temperature at 9:00am to 84 degrees. Usually during the July/August summer months my pool water would get as high as 96. (gets full sun from morning to evening).

The parts from the big box stores should cost you around $25 bucks to make four of them. The only real time is spent drilling the holes on each one. I would say from start to finish took me about 30 minutes for each one...

Trust me, they WORK!

agent86 said:
I just recently made 4 of these for my pool because the last two years the pool was miserable during the summer days....let me tell you that they work PERFECTLY. I was able to drop starting temperature at 9:00am to 84 degrees. Usually during the July/August summer months my pool water would get as high as 96. (gets full sun from morning to evening).

The parts from the big box stores should cost you around $25 bucks to make four of them. The only real time is spent drilling the holes on each one. I would say from start to finish took me about 30 minutes for each one...

Trust me, they WORK!

Pics? Part list? DIY sticky? My pool is 100 and I am currently draining and adding water to reduce the heat.

Here are 2 of mine...just one of many examples I'm sure...approximately 4ft in length...all parts from Home Depot...

photo100.jpg

photo200.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuOde_o-1Yg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a total of 6 returns plus an additional one for the Polaris...

I am using the pool PVC coolers in 4 of the returns, and had to plug one up to make the sprayers shoot any kind of distance...

And yes the hole sizes are 1/16"... and approximately 210 holes per tube...

I have 6 returns and plugged 2 and had coolers in the other 2 and basically got 4-6 inches of air! Didn't drill that many holes! 1 1/2 pvc not quite as high up as yours. Water wouldn't even go up to the top holes at all! Pumps putting pot good pressure.

I will usually install 4 of these around 10:00pm before going to bed, and then my 1HP pump starts up at 1:00am and runs until 7:00am. I stop the pump, remove these misters, then startup the pump again which runs until 5:00pm. On the weekends I will let the pump go until 9:00am with the pool misters installed...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.