Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lost black Caps for K-1000 kit - Can I order just the caps?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lost black Caps for K-1000 kit - Can I order just the caps?

So annoying, I suspect the kids or the wife but I'm ultimately to blame for not putting everything away.

So can I get replacement caps without having to buy a new K-1000?

Thanks!
    18' x 36" Ovalish 80,000 Litre Vinyl IGP. 2 speed 1HP Hayward pump SP2607X102S. 300 Pound Sand Filter. Summit Sum5 Heat Pump, Goldline Controls Aqua Logic P4 System, T-CELL-15 SWG, Aqua Pod Remote Control, Pentair 7845xx02 light.
    TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Stirrer, Pool Chemist in training.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lost black Caps for K-1000 kit - Can I order just the ca

The replacement part is around $17, while the entire kit is under $10. You might as well get a whole new kit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    The replacement part is around $17, while the entire kit is under $10. You might as well get a whole new kit.
    OMG,those little black caps that cover the tops for the Chlrine and PH are $17,seriosuly Ithought they might be a quarter or something, they can't be $17.

I guess I'll continue to shake it with my fingers holding the holes...

Thanks
    18' x 36" Ovalish 80,000 Litre Vinyl IGP. 2 speed 1HP Hayward pump SP2607X102S. 300 Pound Sand Filter. Summit Sum5 Heat Pump, Goldline Controls Aqua Logic P4 System, T-CELL-15 SWG, Aqua Pod Remote Control, Pentair 7845xx02 light.
    TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Stirrer, Pool Chemist in training.

4. Back To Top    #4

They shouldn't even be a quarter but almost no one buys them so it ends up being a specialty item where most of the cost is simply keeping them in stock, rather than the cost of the part it's self.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School